Frequently Asked Questions

How can I hire the hall for a children’s party?
Call the Bookings Manager on 07530 266 293, or use the Contact Form on the CONTACT US page of this website, to check availability and make a provisional booking. A booking will be confirmed once the hire fee and deposit has been received.

How many people are allowed in the large hall at any one time?
120 people can comfortably be accommodated in the hall.

Can I cancel my hire?
Yes you can; although you may incur a charge depending on how far in advance you make your cancellation.  Check the Community Centre's Terms and Conditions which can be accessed on the HIRE page of this website for more details.

Is there a stage in the Community Centre?
Not currently; although the hall is large enough to accommodate a stage.  We suggest you contact who may be able to help.

What are the parking facilities?
There is a public car park directly outside the Community Centre (operated by Abbots Langley Parish Council).  Alternatively there is a large public car park in the centre of the village just a few minutes’ walk from the Community Centre.

Is the hall available for whole-day hire?
There are a number of regular hirers who run clubs and classes in the Community Centre for a portion of each day.  However, speak to the Bookings Manager as sometimes the timetable changes.

Is there a speaker system in the hall?
Not currently.

What provision is there for disability access?
There is a parking facility in the adjacent car park which is a flat journey across tarmac to the hall door.  There are no steps into the centre; the door is at ground level.  A spacious self-contained toilet with adapted toilet and washing facilities and an emergency alarm are provided.  There are no steps within the centre; the hall is all on one level.

Why is alcohol prohibited in the building?
As a requirement set by our leaseholders, Abbots Langley Parish Council, the sale and consumption of alcohol on site is not allowed.

What is the hall hire charge for a party?
We operate a sliding scale of charges for party hire. Please call the Bookings Manager for advice on rates for fundraising events.

Do I need an entertainment licence?
Some events may need an entertainment licence.  We advise that you check with Three Rivers District Council to establish this.

Are bouncy castles allowed inside the large hall and what is the maximum height they can be?
Bouncy castles are allowed, provided they are hired from a reputable company, and provided they are properly and set up, operated and supervised, either by the company's own staff or by a responsible adult.  The maximum possible height of the equipment is 2.4m (8ft).

Does the Community Centre supply consumables, such as soft drinks, tea, milk and biscuits?
No, any refreshments or foodstuffs that you require for your event, you will need to source and bring in separately.

Any other questions?
Please use the Contact Form on the CONTACT US page or telephone the Bookings Manager on 07530 266 293 and we will be happy to answer any other questions.